It’s 2022… the beginning of another new year… another opportunity to set yourself a new goal. How about setting yourself a new kind of resolution for this year: to read God’s Word every day!
‘Seek the Lord while He may be found’ – Isaiah 55v6
You may have set yourself many different goals in the past and wondered why some of them were so hard to keep… the trick is to set out some realistic and achievable steps to follow. If you do this, you will find it much easier to keep to your resolution.
‘Receive the word with all readiness of mind… search the scriptures daily’ – Acts 17v11
Here are 5 steps to help you achieve your new goal:
- Set aside some time to read the Bible every day, even for just 10 minutes or so…
- Find yourself a Bible or download a Bible app onto your phone.
- If you like to have something to follow, you could use the Daily Bible Reading Planner (see below) or you could choose a book of the Bible to read through at your own pace.
- Read carefully and meditate on what you have read. Think about the meaning… what is God trying to say to you?
- Put what you learn into practice – live your life as a follower of Christ.
‘Delight in God’s Word and meditate upon it’ – Psalm 1v2
The FREE Bible Reading Planner suggests a chapter for each day and includes helpful notes
To request your free copy email: email@example.com